You have invested a lot of time and money to build a wonderful business.
- Researched the market
- Identified a niche in the market place
- Produced an excellent unique product /offer
- Identified all your needs with marketing
- Planned your advertising
- Developed a Business Plan
- Applied appropriate systems to monitor your business
- Set realistic short and Long term goals
Now to pull it all together we need to engage all stake holders.
The bigger the business the more specific you need to be about what you want to achieve, what your business strategy is and who is empowered to effect which actions.
- You have a clear concise focused Business Strategy
- You have set signposts for the TRAMS to reach
- You have short and long term goals
The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men / Gang aft agley”. (The best laid schemes of mice and men / Often go awry.) Famously penned by Robert Burns.
Communication of this focused strategy to your key stake holders both internal and external is paramount to its success.
You have two teams to engage with.
- Identify who is going to be responsible for which actions.
- Empower your staff to be responsible for their outcomes
- Involve them to care about your business.
- Listen to those at the coal-face they are interacting with your customers every day.
External Teams support as applicable
- Your accountant
- Your financial adviser
- Your web designer
- Your mentor
- Your networking teams
Don’t forget YOU
When you set the Business strategy right, take that break. Don’t forget your family and friends. Relax and enjoy life. Stop and smell the roses. You will see things much more clearly with a clear focused head and learn to appreciate all around you.